Monday, December 3, 2012

Abe-isms

Abe is my 4-year-old. He is a lover of bugs, of wild animals, and of all things gross.  :)  He loves for me to sit and draw pictures of bugs with him.  My sketching skills aren't that great, but he never seems to notice, and for that, I'm grateful. He is also a HAM.  Abe loves to make everyone chuckle with his own form of slapstick comedy.  Most of the time his flips and falls are staged, but sometimes, they are not.  Last night two of our boys were in the Christmas program at our church. Abe, of course, was one of the two.  He played the role of Joseph. It was his time to come out on the stage, and he did so with much aplomb.  Well...not really.  He came out flapping his arms around, which caused him to lose his balance, which caused him to collide with the side of the "stable" with his head.  I gasped like a good mother, but I was really trying to repress my laughter. He was fine!  He rubbed his head and the classic "Abe" smile appeared.  He and William (William did a great job too!) enjoyed the program and felt famous afterwards as the production got a standing ovation.

We decided McDonalds was in order, so Tim and I loaded up the kiddos. We had come in two separate vehicles, so William rode with Tim.  Before leaving, William and Abe had a slight altercation. Abe had gotten a goody bag from his teacher. William hadn't. Abe gave Judd a piece of his candy from said goody bag and didn't give William anything.  While driving to McDonalds, this is the conversation that took place between myself and my four-year-old:

ABE:  Mommy, I gave Judd a piece of candy.  Was that nice?
ME: Yes, Abe...very nice.
ABE: I didn't give William one because he hasn't been good today; but, Judd has been a good boy today.

Okay...Abe is now the judge of his brother.  I tried not to chuckle. Abe had been in quite a bit of trouble that day as well, so it was the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

ME: Well, sometimes you can give someone a piece of candy just to show them that you love them.
ABE: Ohhh....

(pause)

ABE:  Well...I do love Judd!

Abe as "Joseph" in our church's Christmas program
December 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment